Thursday, March 12, 2009

About This Blog

What this blog is

This blog is a repository for my own thoughts and research on homeschooling. I am lucky. My husband and I decided to homeschool our children not long after our oldest was born. I have had plenty of time to research homeschooling methods and curriculum. In fact, I am still researching as she is only turning four-years-old this year. You will find that I love to research.

I have already bought and sold curriculum despite the fact that we have not officially started to homeschool yet. I can already tell that I will have to curb a desire to be a curriculum junkie. I hade already created and recreated a course of study for our first six years of homeschooling. I have already changed my mind about methods at least three or four times. I have already learned that I am not alone in doing all of these crazy things!

I have also been asked countless times about homeschooling – despite the fact that I have never done it.

So this blog is a place for me to put my thoughts for me and a place to share my research for others who might be interested in it. It is a place for me to work through the methods I am discovering, to post information I discover about the curriculum that interests me, to share neat things that I find in my journey. You are most welcome to share my thoughts, lend advice, come along for the ride.

What this blog is not

This blog is not the blog of a homeschooling expert. Nor is it the blog of a mom who has “been there, done that”. It is not a place to get sage advice.

As long as we are straight on that, please grab a beverage and stay awhile.